Here are a few links to other relevant societies, meetings, databases, and color vision related companies.
Suggestions for additional links are welcome.
- International Colour Vision Society
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Optical Society of America
The Colour Group
- Interdisciplinary society that draws together those concerned with different aspects of color - its measurement, reproduction and perception.
Research to Prevent Blindness
- A leading voluntary health organization supporting vision research.
Prevent Blindness America
- Volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight.
CVRL Color & Vision Database
- Color and Vision Research Laboratories. Web site with downloadable standard date sets used in color and vision research.
Information system for G protein-coupled receptors.
Center for Visual Science
- Visual perception research center at the University of Rochester.
Cambridge Research Systems
- Provides visual stimulus generators for electrophysiology and psychophysics.
- Computer listing of vision science links on the web
Department of Ophtalmology (UW)
- Our department's website
"Cracking the Colour Code"
- An Australian documentary about color in which our lab (and specifically the gene therapy experiment) was included.